From Amnesty International USA:
Our campaign to stop U.S. acts of torture is gaining momentum. Over 40,000 people of conscience like you and I have declared that torture is NOT one of our values.
We've relentlessly spread our message of truth and accountability across Washington D.C.
Amnesty has never faltered in our defense of truth and justice. And we're not going to back down now. With your help, we're going to take our message to cities and towns all across the United States. We've learned from over 40 years of hands-on, grassroots experience that movements like these get started when people like you and me reach out to friends and neighbors - over dinner tables, in classrooms, and in offices from Washington D.C. to Hopewell Junction .
- We've demanded the President tell the truth about torture and be accountable for past acts.
- We've insisted our leaders in Congress outlaw the practice of kidnapping people and sending them to countries like Syria, Jordan and Egypt where they are tortured.
- We've plastered our anti-torture message on our billboard truck, which roved from the Capitol Hill steps to the White House lawn for 5 days.
But we need you to help fund this fight. Here's the plan and how your gift will help:
1. We've created a web ad that illustrates how we are all connected to acts of torture. We plan to run this video on political web sites regardless of party lines. Torture is not partisan and we must reach as many people who won't stand for torture as possible.
2. Amnesty activists will spread our collective anti-torture message across the country by organizing anti-torture events, community forums and teach-ins. We'll go to houses of worship. We'll go to schools. We'll go to community centers. We'll be heard.
3. Amnesty International will continue to lobby Congress and demand that the outsourcing of torture be outlawed.
Click here and help us get our message out. Every donation - $15, $25, $50 - helps.